Thursday, August 26, 2010

Posters, Prints, Projects

I fully intend to (someday) post some of my own work, but for now I'm just going to stick to passing on inspiration I've found.

Sculptural Photography
"Sculptural Photography" is a collaboration between photographer Szymon Roginski and Kasia Korzeniecka and I absolutely love it. I mean first of all, Szymon's photographs are beautiful, and the way they're folded and then layered just puts them over the top. I can't stop staring. 



The Heidelberg Project is "the result of artist Tyree Guyton's 24-year-strong mission to inspire a fading community" (Cool Hunting) in a Detroit neighborhood. 


Sam Winston's Made Up True Stories. I don't think I even need to say anything, but I just love the way Winston incorporates words and/or numbers into a lot of his work. 

Movie poster featuring Joaquin Phoenix...what a beast.
I love the way Joaquin Phoenix looks on the poster for his new movie I'm Still Here. What a nutso. Plus I've heard the movie is supposed to be pretty insane (something about sexual harassment lawsuits?) Which only makes me want to see it more.

Today, I had my first day of Printmaking class. Which I'm pretty excited about so I immediately started researching prints (I did get distracted by this post pretty quickly though...) and these are some that I especially liked. Maybe I will be able to post my own prints by the end of the semester. Maybe.

Lonely Sentinel by Irving Amen
Fishing Boats by Irving Amen
A Dog by Tommy Matejka
Oooook kiddies, I'm off to class. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment