Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I know, I know....

...this is the first time I've posted anything in about a decade, but seriously, I'M A BUSY PERSON!

Just kidding, I'm just sort of lazy. And now I have 3 million things I want to tell everyone and it's going to take about 5 new posts to get through it all. So here goes.

So first off, I just want to say that I think the reason I don't update this beast as often as I should is because I make too much of the process. I open about a million tabs and save a million pictures to my desktop and then I begin to write. And by that time I'm basically worn out and in need of a nap. So from now on, I'm going to do my very best to update as soon as I have something to say, instead of waiting for 100 things to accumulate and then getting around to it a week later. Phew, glad that's off my chest...
But ANYWAY. The point of telling you that was to introduce a genius thing that would make my uber multi-tabbed life MUCH easier. And that is Tab Candy. Soon, Tab Candy will be a function of Mozilla Firefox that allows you to visualize, organize and prioritize your tabs much more effectively. Therefor making my life a little sweeter. Can't wait for the full version to be ready!

Weird, eh?
Ok, that was A LOT of words, so let's get to something less boring: pictures.
 This lil gem is brought to you by Learn Something New Every Day, a project started by UK design studio Young, and there's plenty more where that came from so check it out. Now.



Handmade leather brogues for $40?!
I came across these lovely shoes via the OU blog. They are from an Etsy shop called Golden Ponies and all the shoes are hand made to order. Which is pretty classy. Plus they're freakin adorable.


I mean UrbanOutfitters has some pretty awesome shoes for sale of their own...like these cloth Mary Janes that are 2 pairs for $20.
Now on to other things...





Screen shot 2010-01-12 at 8.47.36 PM
This one goes out to all of my "grown up" friends with "real" jobs and alll of that nonsense. This is a blog about being a grown up. Kind of. It is super cute though...check it out.

Dating is a large part of being a grown up (I think...) and this handy flow chart will help you out if you ever are skeptical about the how socially acceptable your date-of-choice is. The article that goes along with it (a column called The Non-Expert) is really funny too. These are all via The Morning News, an online magazine published every weekday, and I like it.


Tiny sculptures
Yep, those are sculptures made out of pencil lead (I mean graphite) done by someone with extremely high levels of craftsmanship and more patience than I have the patience to think about. 
The site's in a different language, but the pictures are pretty!

And Now....
the moment you've all been waiting for: my decision of Halloween costume. 
Dinosaur!
That's right, I'm going to be a dinosaur. And it's a onesie. Best combination ever. Don't worry, they have other animals too, check them out at http://www.kigu.co.uk/
(and then let me know if you want in...they're from the UK so shipping costs as much as a puppy)


Congrats Reader! You've made it to the end of this long-as-hell post. As a reward you get some sound advice from a wise source:

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment