Monday, June 28, 2010

I Really DO Believe in Advertising

So, one of the main reasons I've decided to start blogging is that I spend a lot of time on the internet. This really isn't that much of a problem, except that I keep finding such COOL SHIT and I don't know what to do with it. I follow several blogs and Twitter accounts, which often lead me even more blogs, sites, and Tweets and then I explore those and bookmark them or follow them -- which only adds to the problem. Seriously, I have a bookmark folder about a mile long titled Things I Like. And now, all of these findings can be yours! That's right, I'm now going to be sharing the goods with you instead of selfishly hoarding them. 

These findings range from fashion to advertising to design to food...basically anything I like the look/sound of, but today I think I'm going to start with advertising. http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/
is one of my favorites. I'm a big fan of clever advertising and this blog gives me what I want. Today, when I went to get my fix, this gem was waiting for me: a camouflaged print ad from Ogilvy
This looks like a normal advertisement for powertools, but look closer, because it isn't.

I'll let you marvel at its wonder on your own instead of telling you why I love it (mostly because I'm in dire need of a shower) but remember that mile-long list of bookmarks I mentioned? I intend to post a good majority of them, so prepare yourselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment