Saturday, October 16, 2010

Halloween!

All I really wanted out of this Halloween was to wear a jumpsuit. A onesie. Really, I just wanted my shirt to be the same garment as my pants. And I thought Kigu was the answer.

Awesome, right?
One piece, check. Hood with eyes and teeth, check. Tail, check.
Everything a girl could ask for, right?
WRONG! I would also ask that it not cost over 90 USD (with shipping), which it does, and that is because it has to come from the UK.
COME ON, AMERICA. GET WITH THE PROGRAM
and start making adult-size, one-piece animal costumes for "for fancy dress parties and festivals...and they make great pyjamas too"

Hopes and dreams dashed, I had to move onto Plan B. And then I also had to think of a new Halloween costume. (Get it? PLAN B? Birth control!?)
Here are my thoughts:


Lumberjack 
Going as a Lumberjack has many upsides:
- I would get to wear plaid. Plaid on plaid on plaid.
- I can later wear that plaid in my daily life. Dual purpose.
- I'm looking to attract a male lumberjack. What better way to catch one than with a decoy?
How would I pull this off?
1. PLAID
Both at the same time? Probably.
Urban Outfitters
Joie for Shopbop.com

2. Boots
Forever21.com
3. Axe (and holster)
Best Made Co.
Kinda love this. Via The Inspiration.

Grapes
So, I may have gotten this idea from American Apparel

But to be fair, they obviously ripped it off from me, 
circa pre-school.
How precious.

The pros of being grapes:
- Tights as pants (ok, maybe leggings)
- Sweater. Warmth.

Cons:
- Wearing balloons all over your body

However, if I were small enough to fit in this, I would be A FOX!

I ALMOST FORGOT!!
Check out these costumes. Via Yvan Rodic

No comments:

Post a Comment